Monday, September 8, 2014

The # 1 Spice I Use In Just About Everything I Cook...


I don't have just a single spice rack in my kitchen, I have a Spice Cabinet!  I love cooking and I enjoy experimenting (because I can't follow a recipe for the life of me) with different spices to create different dishes.  Because of all of this experimenting I tend to collect lots of different spices.  Some are used often, others are only used on rare occasions.  Here is a peek into one (of 3) sections of my spice cabinet (not including my swiveling 5 tier spice rack on the counter-top).  Many of these are my primary go-to spices.



Of all the spices I use, my #1 spice is 'Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend


I sprinkle Mrs Dash into just about everything I cook, other than desserts of course. I use to be able to buy it in a bulk shaker from Costco or Sam's Club but I cannot find it in any size but these small shakers that are very pricey for the size.  (If you know of a bulk source, please do share!)   I love it so much that I'm willing to fork over the dough anyway.  I also like some of the other of Mrs Dash's blends, but this is by far my favorite one.

I like to use Mrs Dash because I don't use salt in my cooking.  Well, now that isn't totally true, I do add a teaspoon of course kosher salt to my bread dough, but that would be it.  I have a little 2.5 oz sized salt travel shaker that I've had for at least 2 years.  I keep it in the house for dinner guests who feel the need to add salt to their food.  Even though it makes me crazy when someone covers their food in salt before they have even tasted it!

Perhaps I need one of these, for when those guests come to dinner!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005EPBF82/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005EPBF82&linkCode=as2&tag=iamnaan-20&linkId=WXVDZWUDKJX6GBXW
[I actually bought this at Amazon for $9.97 + s&h]

Do you have one spice that you use in just about everything?  What spices do you never use? 


Keeper of 1 husband, 3 dogs,

3 cats, and 17 Chickens!
 
Follow on Bloglovin

http://www.Facebook.com/backyardchickenlady
 .