Saturday, August 16, 2014

Do You Like My New Header?

I have wanted to include a cool header to my blog for a very long time, but just didn't know what I wanted.  I searched far and wide for just the right image for the background.  I wanted something that kind of defines who I am when you see it, but it also needed to match the general colors and theme of my blog too.  I went through over 9,000 photos on my devices. (Wow, I can't believe I had that many pictures!) I couldn't find one that fit the criteria needed and was of high enough resolution that it would still look good once I made it the appropriate size.

I ultimately found this image at FreeDigitalPhotos.net after searching for a couple of hours.

http://backyardchickenlady.blogspot.com

It took so long because they have so many images, and I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking for.  I had a ball searching through all the images.  And I can tell you this, they are going to be my go-to place for free images to use on my blog in the future.  All of their images are free...Yes, I said ALL and FREE!  You can use any image you find, in the small size, without a watermark, as long as you give credit to the particular artist who submitted it and to FreeDigitalPhotos.netHow awesome is that? 

Now if you want to use an image where giving visible credit isn't feasible, or if you need a larger or high resolution image, then you can purchase the rights to an image at really reasonable prices.  Go check them out next time you need an image for use online.  Tip: be sure to register before you purchase any images (or even use the free ones) because you will then be able to see your image use/purchase history, and that makes it so easy to appropriately give image credit where needed now and in the future.  You can even download your image again and again from the history page as well, without the need to search for that particular image again.

Just so you know, this is not an affiliate based post, I have no connection to FreeDigitalPhotos.net and they have not asked me to post a review of their product or service, I just loved them so much that I wanted to share it with you.

So, what do you think about my new header?


Keeper of 1 husband, 2 grandkids, 3 dogs,
3 cats, and 17 Chickens!
 
Follow on Bloglovin


Did this post stir something inside of you? If so, Please leave me a comment, I would love to know what you're thinking!!!