Sunday, June 9, 2013

Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry Over Rice ~ A Quick, Delicious, Fresh Meal

Tonight I made the most delicious Chicken Teriyaki I have ever made.  Part of what made it so delicious is because I used fresh organic veggies and Free-range Organic Chicken breasts.  I don't raise meat chickens because I am not able to kill and process them myself.  So I buy my chicken meat at a local natural grocery where they have local, free-range organic chicken (FR/O).  The flavor of a FR/O chicken compared to a store-bought factory-raised chicken is 180 degrees apart.  The FR/O has such wonderful flavor and is so juicy that you could literally cook it with nothing more than a bit of salt and pepper (if you even needed that) and it would taste wonderful.  The factory-raised chicken has no flavor at all so you have to use a lot of spices just to make it taste like something, and the texture is just blahk!

So I baked up two FR/O chicken breasts in the oven, wrapped in foil to hold in all the wonderful juices.  Then I diced them up into bite-sized pieces and tossed them into my hot wok with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and some low-sodium teriyaki sauce.  I tossed the chicken to cover it with the oil and sauce, then dumped on my chopped and grated veggies (see veggie list below), gave it all a toss and pushed it up the sides of the wok.  Then drizzled a little bit of teriyaki sauce on top, then put the lid on to allow the veggies to steam.

Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry over Rice


Veggie List:
1 head of broccoli chopped up in to small bite-size florets.
4 Green Onions diced
2 medium Zucchini's grated up
1 carrot grated up (grated cross-wise for short pieces)
Sun-Dried Tomatoes (Julienne cut, small handful)

When the broccoli florets were just about done (tender, but still a little snap left in them) I put two bowls of rice (that I cooked earlier) into the microwave to heat the rice up.  When the rice was warm I ladled some steamed veggies and chicken onto the rice, drizzled a little more teriyaki sauce on top and served it up.  Delicious!!

This made enough for two more meals so we have lunch or dinner waiting for us tomorrow when we are too busy to stop and cook a meal.   If I feel like it, I could even add some different steamed veggies to this for a little variety in our next meal.  What are your favorite veggies to add to a stir-fry?


Keeper of 1 husband, 2 grandkids, 3 dogs,
3 cats, and 17 Chickens!
 
Follow on Bloglovin


Did this post stir something inside of you? If so, Please leave me a comment, I would love to know what you're thinking!!!